'Spider-Man 2' Doc Ock Operating Room Concept Art by Jamie Rama

One of the most chilling scenes in Spider-Man 2 (2004) was when the unwitting doctor's tried to remove Doctor Octopus' arms. It was actually the scene thatSam Raimi filmed first to set the tone for the movie.

It called into question the level of violence in the film. "Yeah, in the surgery room," Raimi told Sci-Fi Wire. "You know, I was wondering if that was going to be too violent. Wow, I hope it's not too violent. ... Maybe it is.

"I didn't really make a conscious choice to make it more violent, although I don't disagree with you. I think what happened was I was trying to establish in the minds of the audience that ... these tentacles [and] this man, Dr. Octavius, had become this monster, and as this monster, he had killed, or these tentacles had killed. And so he was going to be on the lam and hunted. ... But perhaps it's more violent than it needed to be. I didn't mean to make it more violent, I just wanted to show that he was a character to be frightened of, you know?"

Jamie Rama (X-Men: First Class) shared some images in his portfolio for the scene and a few others.










See more of Jamie Rama's portfolio at jamierama.com

What do you think of the illustrations? Do you remember this scene? 

Comments