Striking 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' Concept Art by Wesley Burt

Transformers: Dark of the Moon made a ton at the box office and has some striking concept art. None more striking than Optimus Prime and Laserbeak. Wesley Burt, who worked on the film, shared some of his concept art for the film.

Several designs on the film had different working titles on production. For example"Colossus" for the Driller, "Buzzard" for Laserbeak, "Undermine" for Igor and "Steeljaw" for Wheeljack/"Que".


Optimus Prime











Driller



Igor




Laserbeak







Mother Ship


You have got to see more of Wesley Burt's portfolio at http://massiveblack.com and http://wburtconcept.blogspot.com/

Via Concept Art World

Comments

  1. Great stuff! It's cool to see how the designs for such a game-changing movie came about. New follower, by the way. I'm hopping around looking for interesting blogs to follow and hoping those bloggers will return the favor. If you want to reciprocate I'm at musingsonfantasia.blogspot.com and lkhill.blogspot.com. Yes, I have two blogs! One focuses on all things fantasy, the genre of my debut novel which will be out later this year. The other one focuses on writing in general and historical tidbits, as I also dabble in historical fiction. Follow one or both; doesn't matter to me. I look forward to your posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Liesel. I'll check em out!

      Delete
  2. Wow. It must be pretty cool for an artist working on a film like transformers to see their concepts come to life. The illustrations of Optimus are stellar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Laurita, it's only a shame that the final product , while cool, was nothing like these.

      Delete
  3. Is it bad that I haven't seen this one yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joshua. ;) Although TF2 was so bad, I don't blame you for skipping this one.

      Delete
  4. The Driller concept art is superb! loving the details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerby, it is amazing stuff. He has a real eye for detail. Much like yourself!

      Delete

Post a Comment